Jewelry trends : Three new categories in 2015
The three new categories are Diamonds in Design to celebrate IJL’s Diamond Jubilee, A Moment in Time for contemporary watch exhibitors and In Stile Italiano recognising Italian craftsmanship as part of the chosen Market Focus for 2015. The judges will be Claire Adler, high profile jewellery and luxury correspondent for publications such as the Financial Times, and Event Director, Sam Willoughby.
“Editor’s Choice is open to all exhibitors and this year, with the new categories, there is something for everyone to enter. All the winners receive prominent exposure at the show, which hand in hand with serious PR coverage, help give them added profile and a real commercial boost” said Sam Willoughby.
Claire Adler added: “IJL Editor’s Choice winners always tell us how much they appreciate the enhanced publicity, additional footfall and access to quality buyers at the show that the win gives them. IJL Editor’s Choice has repeatedly talent-spotted gifted jewellers with a knack for innovative, visionary design, who have gone on to secure significant further industry recognition and success following their win. They include Andrew Geoghegan, Imogen Bellfield, Clarice Price-Thomas, Lucy Q and Jessica de Lotz, to name just a few. Once again, I feel honoured to be a part of IJL Editor’s Choice, especially in the show’s Diamond Jubilee year!”
The eight categories outlined
• Diamonds in Design – NEW – A head-turning diamond piece of jewellery designed in a spirit of celebration to coincide with IJL’s Diamond Jubilee
• In Stile Italiano – NEW – A jewellery piece from an Italian exhibitor at IJL evoking Italy’s flair for impeccable craftsmanship and inspirational design
• Watches – A Moment in Time – NEW – A contemporary watch likely to make an enduring mark on the UK’s expanding watch sector
• Most Innovative New Collection – Applicants are invited to submit 5 to 6 pieces from the same collection for consideration for this special award. The winning collection will be featured on the IJL Runway
• Commercial Vision – A piece or collection produced in volume that demonstrates thorough research of the target market and current trends – destined to become a best seller
• Visual Impact – A show stopping piece or collection that photographs well and will look good on the page
• Overall Originality – A truly unique piece or a collection which highlights the talents of the designer
• Technical Excellence – A piece or collection that is worked with technical innovation or a rarely used technique, resulting in a thought provoking piece
International Jewellery London have announced the names of the talented new designers chosen as the IJL 2015 KickStarters
The annual KickStart Bursary Programme, which supports the best of design, offers ten outstanding designers a place on this unique mentoring initiative. Winners benefit from exhibiting on a group stand at this year’s IJL Diamond Jubilee show and receiving valuable marketing and industry support from both IJL and the British Jewellers Association. IJL‘s Trend partner, the leading jewellery forecaster, Adorn Insight, will once again give the Adorn Insight Award to one outstanding KickStarter, which includes a year’s subscription to their jewellery market intelligence resource and bespoke mentoring.
Sam Willoughby, IJL Event Director, commented: “Now in its seventh year, KickStart has an enviable track record for identifying some of the most innovative emerging UK designers. The KickStart stand at the IJL is popular with show visitors as a trend barometer. All the lucky winners benefit hugely from this commercial launch pad which enables them to move their businesses forward with the support of the industry. This year’s line-up is especially exciting.”
The 2015 KickStart line-up revealed
• Flora Bhattachary
• Andrew Gold Neilson – GoldNeilson
• Mirka Janeckova – Mirka Janeckova Jewellery
• Francesca Marcenaro
• Rosalie McMillan
• Laura Parra – LaParra Jewels
• Samantha Rose – September Rose
• Lauren Rowden – Ellie Air Jewellery
• Ilene Steele – Ilene Steele Jewellery
• Ana Thompson
IJL 2015 will run from 6 to 8 September 2015 at Olympia GRAND, London.