Lagos Fashion & Design Week | Nigeria, Africa
Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion and Design Week (GTBank LFDW) is a multi day fashion event platform that aims to drive the Nigerian fashion industry and lift its profile by bringing together buyers, consumers and the media to view the current collections of designers in the fashion capital of Lagos, Nigeria. Beyond the event, Lagos Fashion and Design Week is a platform that has succeeded in repositioning fashion as a useful tool for commerce and creativity in Nigeria, beyond the traditional glitz and glamour associated with it.
Lagos will play host to the fashion event that will feature:
– GTBank LFDW Runway Shows featuring new season collections from the best talents in the fashion industry
– GTBank LFDW Exhibition Marketplace featuring fashion products, textiles and accessories on display and for sale
– GTBank LFDW Workshops and Master classes that facilitate knowledge transfer, information exchange and networking opportunities across board
– GTBank LFDW Awards featuring GTBank LFDW Young Designer of The Year Award by MTN and British Council LFDW International Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Award
– LFDW Fashion Business Series to facilitate conversations with key players from the Nigerian and international fashion industry as a useful tool for exchanging ideas, networking and developing the fashion industry.
Lagos Fashion and Design Week x British Council Fashion Focus
Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion and Design Week (GTBank LFDW) remains dedicated to the growth and promotion of creatives in the industry by nurturing, fine tuning, rewarding their skills and providing them with a solid platform for achieving their goals. This vision is primarily centered around providing ongoing support to designers via mentorship, education and capacity building as well as opportunity to present their work before an audience that facilitates commerce.
Lagos Fashion and Design Week x British Council Fashion Focus (LFDW x BC Fashion Focus) is a new, year long initiative with a vision to fine tune the existing GTBank LFDW strategy to support the professional development of emerging fashion talent in Nigeria. This is part of the LFDW commitment to strengthen, support and develop dedicated creative talent that will secure and stimulate the growth of Nigeria’s fashion industry and ancillary industries. This ties in with British Council’s ongoing work to develop innovative, high-quality events and collaborations that link artists and cultural institutions in Nigeria with their counterparts in the UK. In partnership with Frallain Inc and Istituto Marangoni, LFDW x British Council Fashion Focus will offer fashion designers opportunities to be participants at targeted workshops and networking sessions between 2014 and 2015, as well as a chance to exhibit their collection in front of a select audience at GT Bank LFDW 2014.
Lagos Fashion & Design Week
Lagos, the largest city in Africa
Lagos, the LFDW host city is an attraction itself. A metropolitan island that features an interesting mix of people, cultures and is fast becoming the melting pot for business in Africa. Participants, designers and visitors alike can expect a diversified and interactive platform to maximise their exposure within and beyond their industry circle and open gateways for more business opportunities.